Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wonderland matchbox set

Lately I wanted to find template for matchboxes since I had none at home. Accidentally I ran into this tutorial: http://blog.swap-bot.com/rachels-matchbox-template/
I absolutely loved the idea of envelope-style matchboxes and I already have small collection of them : )
I decided to share my favourite creation here - Wonderland matchbox set.
Set includes:
 - envelope-style matchbox outside wrap from black cardboard and elements of scrapbooking paper
 - inside drawer from black cardboard with tiny ribbon loop for easier using
 - 18-paged miniature book 35 x 48 mm
The box is exactly matchbox sized.
  Here are some detail photos of whole set. Since box small and flap closing box doesn't like to stay closed original artist suggested to use some kind of tying for it - in my case black ribbon. To make sure it will stay in place I made two small vertical cuts in the back and put ribbon through. To give it more finished look I added little spades symbol : ) Another trick I learned while making this project which you can see on bottle - transparent tracing paper with varnish create wonderful transparency. I love how this part turned out really much <3 I'm sure I will use this idea in many other occasions. At first this set was supposed to include only box but my bookbinding syndrome woke up so since then book seemed obligatory xD
I hope you like that project, I really loved making it a lot. I plan to make bigger sized boxes like that as cigarette box for my friends, we will see how this will turn out : )

Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment