Friday, August 10, 2012

Storage chest makeover

Lately I really wanted to change a bit my way of storing my crafting resources and I found old (bought around 10 years ago) Ikea's mini chest of drawers I had in my room and it ended long ago in storage. Since Whole chest was pretty dirty from paints, glue etc. (as a kid I was really messy with such stuff) I decided to do makeover to renew it and give it a new life. I'm really satisfied with how it turned out lik. Unfortunately paper I used to cover main part of the chest was bit too thin and wrinkled a bit but trees cover it well enough : ) At first I wanted to give a little label for every drawer with its contains but I decided I prefer in unlabelled (in case I would simply change its' purpose).
 Decorated with wrapping paper, patterned scrapbook paper, brown paper, buttons, beads, coins and  bows

I stupidly didn't make 'before' photo (my chest looked much worse XD) but I took photo from here: http://www.myfloor.pl/jubileuszowa-kolekcja-mebli-z-okazji-50-lat-wspolpracy-ikea-z-polska,592,artykul.html
What is actually funny, it's not that easy to find photos of it since they are no longer available in IKEA shops. There are different versions of it, with different size/amount of drawers : )
This was really great fun and took me around 5-6 hours (together with all wood glue drying)

I hope you like it looks and I encourage to try doing it by yourself! It's really great and relaxing fun, and it's really pleasant to look on it <3


No comments:

Post a Comment